Jul 26, 2011

Time Twister

1
2
3
4
I'm from the generation that is the last to remember the 90's. You know, ill-fitting flare jeans, short tops, feathered hair, color-changing lipstick, ring pops, stick-on earrings, bop-it, Furbys, Beanie Babies, fanny packs, The Spice Girls, and those good old 90's cartoons: Rugrats, Sonic, Doug, Recess, Tiny Toon Adventures, Animaniacs, The Pink Panther, The Magic School Bus, Ahhhhhh!!! Real Monsters!, and the influx of 1995 Japanese cartoons like Tenchi Muyo, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and of course Sailor Moon. The 90's was an odd, yet great time to grow up as a kid watching your cousins run around in neon-colored mismatched track suits. But this outfit drew from the 70's. I must admit I was skeptical when I saw that the flare jeans trend was coming back; all I remembered about flared jeans was wanting to stay as far away from those ill-fitting, heavy 90's flare jeans as possible. However, once I saw these skinny flare cut jeans at GAP, I knew I had to have them (plus they were on major, super, unbelievable sale). So I figured, if I was embracing the 70's flare, might as well go all the way with a shrunken striped sweater top and my go-to clogs, then a modern twist with a pair of golden double-hoop earrings. Wearing skinny flare jeans with heels makes your legs sooooo long and I loveeeee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...