Jul 19, 2011

Fashion + Food

Lately I've been pondering my purpose in this blog. I started it off because I was passionate about fashion and I felt the need to be able to post my opinions and showcase my sense of fashion and how they translated into daily wear. However, I've gotten a bit bored with the content I include with my photos. As of now, I've been frequently updating with outfit snapshots and inspiration collages. If you read my blog often enough, you'll see that I like buying clothes, I like hunting for bargains, and I'm happiest when I get to coordinate an outfit around an amazing steal. But I want any readers I have out there to also know that I love baking and I'm a nut for eating healthy. I'm also immensely studious, I like wandering around to find new and charming places to eat, and I find that digging for books in book-offs and $1 book stores fills me with as much satisfaction as finding a noteworthy piece of clothing amongst piles of sales (I went to two Marukai markets and another book-off somewhere in Torrance so keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming post!). So I've decided to document my much-loved recipes and my new baking endeavors, as well as my go-to meal options that I find both healthy and satisfying. I'm quite excited to attempt cranberry orange/lemon scones, lemon meringue cupcakes, raspberry or hazelnut chocolate macaroons, and chocolate raspberry shortbread.
DSC_0002
I'll leave you with a picture of my ideal Sunday brunch, a homemade strawberry banana smoothie and a piece of toasted baguette topped with nutella.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...