Jul 11, 2011

Japanophile

DSC_0263 DSC_0280 DSC_0286
Foreign Exchange coral polka dot top, Express black skort, vintage pearl hairpin, Xhiliration black gladiator sandals, Tokidoki "Inferno" cross-body bag

DSC_0257 DSC_0254 DSC_0303 DSC_0315 DSC_0243  
Though people tend to change and develop their personalities and preferences as they grow older, there are some loves that never change. Today, I went out with my aunt and cousin for a day of rummaging around Costa Mesa's japanese shops and consignment stores. I brought along my camera, but I was experiencing too much glee to be bothered with taking photos, sorry. Our first stop was Marukai Market! It was filled with all kinds of snacks and foods imaginable, from Japanese to American, it really made me wish I lived closer to this market. There was a whole Hello Kitty section that made my cousin go craaaaaaaazy, especially for the pencil cases for which I learned she has a special love. What astounded me the most was the market's beauty selection! They had a huge selection of beauty products, from mascaras, eye shadows, eye liners, false eyelashes, lipsticks, glosses, and blushes to hair products, nail polishes and nail deco. I had recently fallen back into looking at asian blogs, like nanarabu and instantmint, so I was curious about the DollyWink products and low and behold, the market had them! I was sooo very tempted to buy a few products to test out, but I'm not a big make-up person (as I heavily value sleep), so I decided to do a bit more research and make another trip to the market. I left with a pair of Eye Noon false eyelashes that I plan to test out soon, and headed off to the Marukai Book Off! This store FLOORED ME; it was filled with all kinds of books, novels, manga, DVDs, and CDs, ranging from Japanese to American. I think we spend over an hour in there and I came out with 3 novels and 2 fashion magazines for less than $5. We stopped in at Kinokuniya Bookstore next, a Japanese bookstore that was again filled with Japanese manga, how-to books, all kinds of magazines, anime, plushies, coloring books, t-shirts, and anime figurines. I almost exploded with glee at the selection of Rilakkuma products. Rilakkuma is my favorite Japanese plush, but I forced myself to think rationally and not buy the $30 stuffed Rilakkuma or the $30 Hana Yori Dango Finale DVD (I want it.... HYD is my favorite Japanese drama, never before have I felt so much joy nor shed so many tears over a TV series). In the end, I left with the July issue of Jille street snap magazine, though I kind of regret not getting that Rilakkuma honey and pancakes folder... To finish off the day, we hit up Deelux Clothing where I still slightly regret not getting that $15 used Theory sweater (my excuse was that I didn't want to dry clean it), Acapulco for a delicious Mexican lunch and fun coloring time with my cousin, and Crossroads Trading Co. which is seriously HUGE. I didn't buy any clothing that day and instead ended up coming home with books, magazines, and my first pair of false lashes.


I've been wearing these bracelets a lot lately. I've developed a need to have some sort of bracelet on my wrist, or else I feel pretty naked. So I went through my collection of self-made woven bracelets and found these three woven out of cool blue colors and decided to pair them together. The last picture is of a few of my most recently used lipsticks and lipglosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...