Oct 7, 2011

Hello October!

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Forever21 military green anorak and tie-dyed denim shorts, Mom's Banana Republic navy tank, Steve Madden gold sandals, Studio gold watch, Mom's vintage Coach mini backpack
8
The chilly fall season is officially here. Autumn is my favorite season, perfectly cold weather to layer on sweaters, boots, and the newest addiction to my wardrobe, a military green anorak. I tried out this hairstyle after watching Jenn's video on the Youtube channel Clothes Encounter, they have amazingly inspirational fashion videos and thrifting how-tos.
This past week has been crazy, with two rainy days and gusty winds. Today was Friday, so no school! I got to stay in and relax for the first time since school started; I slept in, drank hot cocoa and ate one of my red velvet cake balls, and studied for my classes. It was a perfectly relaxing day.
Yesterday, I baked red velvet cake balls for my CLA class. I used this recipe from Bakerella, and they turned out super moist and decadent. One of the best feelings of satisfaction is seeing people's happy, satisfied faces when they eat your baking.
The highlight of today was getting to dig through my mom's staff of sweaters. I cannot articulate how much of a jackpot her closet is. I came out with an armful of sweaters and cardigans that are great for transitioning into fall! Check out your moms' wardrobes, you could find real gems hidden amongst those mothballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...