Sep 30, 2011

Shopping Extravaganza- Rowland Heights & Torrance

DSC_0562
DSC_0565DSC_0559
DSC_0567
DSC_0570DSC_0571DSC_0574DSC_0578DSC_0579DSC_0584DSC_0591I took this photo with my camera on self-timer while we were in the car, and it barely took this picture before the camera came flying at me lol I caught it.
DSC_0595
Our final shopping trip of the summer, was to Rowland Heights and West Covina. I got the chance to plan our trip, so we went to Marukai Market (wheee for Asian products!) in West Covina, Rowland Heights Garden Cafe, Takashima Discount Store, and the Cue! store in Diamond Bar Plaza. I picked up some eyelash glue and green tea chocolates (surprisingly yummy!) from Marukai. For lunch, we hit up Rowland Heights Garden Cafe for some Hong Kong dining. It was superb; we ordered the baked spaghetti and spicy chicken wings with pasta. Along with the meal, I got an English Milk Tea, which was strong and quite invigorating, and received a complimentary cream soup. The Takashima Discount Store wasn't much of a discount store as most of their items were quite pricey, but so so so cute. We were in there for nearly an hour, and after gushing over all their Rilakkuma products (and sneaking photos), I bought a Rilakkuma doll that I adore. I've always loved and wanted a Rilakkuma doll, so checked off my bucket list!
On our way to Diamond Bar Plaza for Cue!, we stopped in at Half & Half for boba. I got an Almond Milk Tea boba, while my aunt and cousin got a Milk Tea boba and a Chocolate Milk Tea boba. We then proceeded to model our most recent purchases with our boba :D Cue! with Cayli was super fun. She asked if we could take 10 purikura shots, but I had to tell her no haha Nevertheless, she's actually pretty talented at decorating the purikura pictures. Oddly enough, she happened to wear a green shirt so she blended in with the background on every shot. She's my Cue! buddy whenever we wanna take purikura pictures!

DSC_0319
DSC_0330
DSC_0340
DSC_0333
On a shopping trip back in mid-summer, my aunt, cousin, and I ate at a mom-and-pop Mexican restaurant whose name has sadly slipped my mind. They served one mean wet burrito that left me nearly bursting. Even Tuxedo Sam wanted some!
Marukai Market is a favorite place of mine because of their asian food selections and imported Japanese beauty products. If you've never been, I suggest you go. I think I've been to every Marukai in the vicinity... I'm also a sucker for cute asian products, so I caved and bought thess Rilakkuma cookies. But they're so cute that I haven't even eaten them yet! As you can tell, Rilakkuma is my favorite character. Also, my aunt gave me this Hello Kitty shirt a couple Christmases ago, but it was too big so it never got must wear. Recently, I decided to take a pair of scissors to it and create a boatneck. Needless to say, I wear it constantly now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...