Sep 11, 2011

Over the Horizon

DSC_0220
DSC_0241
DSC_0236
DSC_0221
Solitaire crochet top, GAP skinny flared jeans, Report clogs, Christian Dior handbag

Sometimes, you don't need a destination or a reason to dress up. You just do. When you dress for yourself and your own happiness, you don't need anyone else to achieve it. Don't dress to impress any man, any woman, any person out there. Dress for yourself, however you like.
Back in my tween years, I dressed with a heavy Japanese jrock influence. It definitely wasn't the quickest way to attract a guy, and damn it, I didn't care. I dressed that way because I loved it, it made me happy and fulfilled each and every one of my aesthetic desires. As a result, I pretty much repelled every guy within sight for the next 2 years. But if I didn't pursue the fashion that I liked, I wouldn't have found a key part of myself: I wouldn't have discovered my determination to push to do what I wanted. It's a stubborn characteristic that's stuck until this day. In fact, it's been there since I was three. There's a Chinese saying that translates in "Age three, set personality", meaning that at age three, the basis of your personality is set for the rest of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...