Sep 17, 2011

"Forever in debt to your priceless advice"

1
234576
As I am now commuting to college, I have to get up pretty early to brush up, get dressed, make breakfast, prepare my lunch, and pack up my school bag and gym bag for the day. Often times, I get a little frazzled about what I should wear. Seeing that my school is "the size of three Disneylands", the number one factor is comfort (meaning flat shoes). Getting dressed for school can be a bit of a challenge, especially since this is only third week of school. However, I came to the conclusion that as long as only unique and versatile pieces that you LOVE LOVE LOVE remain in your wardrobe, you'll always look chic and cute. So today, I tried out my own conclusion and just put on what I felt comfortable and amazing in, which lead to donning my favorite H&M leopard blouse tucked into these 1989 GAP black shorts (that I got for a steal! wheeee!) plus some sheer tights and flats. Low and behold, I got more compliments today than the past three weeks combined.
I've also recently gotten a bit bored with my make-up routine– or lack thereof since I only wear Shisiedo sunblock (SPF 60), Covergirl Lashblast Mascara, and a bit of lip balm. So I decided to switch it up and throw on some lip color. I'm wearing Lancome's OOH LA LA! Metallic, and I adore it! It adds so much spunk and attitude into what could be just a casual outfit. I love the muted shimmery color. I'll be trying out more lip color options from now on.
Don't be afraid to experiment! Don't let youth be wasted on the young.
My title is from the Nirvana song Heart-Shaped Box, which I'm been obsessively listening to as I navigate the campus.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...