May 28, 2013

All Maxed Out

Getting-Busy1
MinkPink maxi dress  |  Jeffrey Campbell Litas
Getting-Busy2
Getting-Busy3
Getting-Busy4
Maxi dresses are the bomb. It elongates, packs a punch, and is one whole outfit rolled into one easy slip-on-and-go. The number of maxi dresses in my closet is quickly accumulating, much to my satisfaction. Best part about this Mink Pink number is the triple threat slits that add a nice touch of edge and surprise once in motion. 

On a more reflective note, as I'm writing this post, I'm sitting inside my favorite Starbucks after having given an impromptu speech in one of my summer fashion classes. My professor emailed the class early this morning announcing that our speaker had fallen through and that instead, 'Jessica Wu will be speaking about her experience as a styling intern'. Despite not being a morning person, that sure woke me up pretty quick. Though I must say, for being a rather impromptu speech, it went very well. I received a great response from the entire class, which made me feel very welcomed and knowledgeable. While I was the one giving the speech, I learned that you can never be too young to be eager and ambitious. When you know what you want in life, you are never too young to strive to achieve it. 
Don't let age be a deterrent to your future. 
I started trying to find myself at age nine. Since then, I've made mistakes, committed errors in judgment, and spoken too quickly more often than not. Despite all the missteps of my past, I have never once felt regret. Each mistake, each triumph I've made in life has culminated to transforming me into who I am today. While I am not 100% satisfied with the person I am now, I am pleased with where I see myself going, and I don't believe that anyone should ever be 100% satisfied with themselves because then how else will you grow?
Ultimately, my speech today was ironically incredibly self-reflective and confirmed my purpose and determination to strive to achieve the ideal of my future, to always reach for something greater, to push beyond one's limits, and to never settle because YOU are worth it – YOU are worth working hard for.
b5ad25_c59b1df65f5427464c4235a80d43a8ac: @jessicaswu
twitter_icon4@jemappellemoi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...