Nov 12, 2011

Tea Rose Garden

10
DSC_0354
9
11
12
A lovely mom and daughter day spent at the Tea Rose Garden in Pasadena. It's an adorably quaint little place that serves a variety of teas, pastries, scones, and finger sandwiches. The interior of the cafe was very whimsical and organic (even all the tea sets were different), it brings out the dainty, polished lady in everyone. We got the Tea Rose Afternoon Tea, which allowed us to choose our sandwiches and pastries. For the sandwiches, we got the chicken almond, goat cheese & sun-dried tomato, and cranberry chicken, which were all absolutely divine– the goat cheese & sun-dried tomato was oh-so yummy. For the tea time bites, we chose the creme brulee cheesecake, espresso brownie, and lemon bar. They came in petite sizes, which resulted in a natural elegant pinkie extension– I felt so poised. We went for a more fruity taste and chose the lemon raspberry scone. I was a touch skeptical about choosing a fruity or floral tea because I tried berry herbal tea once and it tasted like I drank a flower. However, upon the waitress's suggestion, we went with a passionfruit black tea.... It was so delicious! Add in a couple adorable sugar cubes and a splash of milk and my tea experience became heavenly. Our order also came with spring petal salad, with real flower petals in it (I wasn't sure if I was supposed to eat it... but I did anyway), rose sugar cookies, and fresh fruit. Along with delicious tea-time favorites, they also sell fresh flowers, cards, and unique tea sets.
I had such a fun time with my mom; we bonded and chatted over a delectable selection of tea time delicacies, then wrapped up our little date with shopping in Old Town Pasadena. It's a perfect place to take your moms for Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...