Nov 6, 2011

Meeting Ross Burton

DSC_0391
DSC_0399
DSC_0400
DSC_0401
DSC_0402
DSC_0397
This past Saturday, I attended the Ross Burton make-up event at Nordstroms. It was an intimate event held at only two Nordstroms stores in Southern California, in which Ross Burton informed us about his favorite products and the tips and tricks that he feels can improve our daily make-up regimens. Ross Burton is best known for being Oprah Winfrey's make-up artist, as well as a beauty expert on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network). He has appeared as a beauty expert on Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood and has worked behind-the-scenes at the Academy Awards, the Emmy Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, and New York Fashion Week.
The event covered various beauty products from skin care and complexion to make-up and fragrances. It was such an eye-opening experience! My favorite products were the Clarisonic PLUS Skin Care System in the black and white floral pattern and the Clarisonic Opal Sonic Infusion System in black. I've always had a bit of a problem with blackheads that pop up in my T-zone and in the crevices in the sides of my nose (especially when I'm stressed), so it was a complete revelation for me to find out about these products! The Clarisonic PLUS is a sonic micro-massage that gently cleans pores by loosening dirt, bacteria, make-up, and oil and even reduces the appearance of pores and wrinkles. It allows deeper penetration of serums and moisturizers, and leaves skin looking soft, radiant, and pampered. The Opal is a tool that uses sonic-infusion technology to apply serums and products more effectively through sonic micro-massages to hydrate and improve skin firmness and break up fluid retention in the under-eye area. Its main purpose is to apply eye serums better than manual application, but it can even be used to target pimples! Although both products are a tad expensive, I figure that if you're already investing in a great face cream or make-up, it's essential to have radiant and healthy skin that can absorb all of those products or else they won't be able to do as much as they should.
I was lucky enough to get some personal make-up tips and application from Ross. He enhanced my lips with the NARS lip pencil in Cruella and Chanel Inimitable mascara. Ross made me fall in love with the NARS lip pencil, so I ended up picking one up! I love its luscious color and easy, precise application. The best part is that it stays on even while I'm digging into some Boudin clam chowder. That's what I call amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...