Aug 15, 2011

'lette macarons

DSC_0141
DSC_0143
DSC_0190
DSC_0166
DSC_0169
DSC_0183
DSC_0178
DSC_0258
DSC_0254
When I was in Old Town Pasadena doing a bit of shopping with my mom and brother, the highlight of my day was finding PAULETTE'S MACARON SHOP! It was recently renamed from Paulette's to 'lette. I was ecstatic with excitement and went craaaaaazy taking pictures. They had all kinds of flavors: salted caramel, Caribbean chocolate, coconut, Colombian coffee, lemon, Madagascar vanilla, Sicilian pistachio, sweet wedding almond, earl grey tea, violet cassis, rose, and raspberry, and the seasonal flavors lychee, and passion fruit. I had to make a rushed decision and I seriously wanted all of them, but I ended up choosing sweet wedding almond and passion fruit. They were delicious...
Passion fruit: It was amazingly flavorful, the passion fruit filling perfumed the palate with a wonderful tart fruity taste. The macaon cookie was delicate and soft to the touch. As soon as my teeth touched the macaron, I was met with a lovely soft chewiness then a zang of passion fruit tartness.
Sweet wedding almond: This macaron looked beautiful. It was a light pink garnished with chopped and toasted almonds. It was sweet and full of the essence of almond. The filling exuded the taste of almond through and through. I loved the bits of almond garnishing the top of the cookie.
* The macaron filling in both macarons was rich and luscious, while still being smooth in texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...