Dec 25, 2012

Season's Tidings

embellished-lace-collar
Embellished crystal lace collar

Merry Christmas!
This year, I didn't make a gingerbread house, bake my homemade apple pie, indulge in a plethora of Christmas shopping, try every single holiday drink known to mankind, or drive around to see the Christmas lights. But I'm blessed and grateful for all the amazing friends and family in my life, and all the people I've been lucky enough to meet, befriend, and make connections with. 
Each year, I grow older and see more of the world beyond my sheltered upbringing. With the recent tragedies from Hurricane Sandy and the Connecticut shooting, I find myself becoming more thankful for the little things and the constant things in my life. From having the ability to jump out of bed and tackle the endless list of to-dos, to being fortunate enough to spend each Christmas at home with my enormous family. 
The holidays, regardless of which one you celebrate, is about the love and the feeling of being together. That's what I'm grateful for this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...