Feb 23, 2012

Bricks and Iron

5
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
Solitaire crochet top, H&M black skirt, vintage scarf turned turband (turban + headband), Aldo black wedges, Studio gold and white watch, UO beaded arrow necklace, OPI Alice in Wonderland red nail polish
Put simply, I love Pasadena. All its quaint alleyways, little nooks and crannies, abundance of shops and boutiques, and variety of eateries makes it such an enticing city. I've never been in a city in which the alleyways were so beautiful and detailed.
This lace top is definitely a statement piece. I bought it after being inspired by summer's crochet pieces, but it's proving to be a great transition piece for fall and winter too. Sure, it's crochet and see-through, but by wearing tanks and long sleeves under it or layering sweaters and cardigans over it, plus some tights and fall booties, and you're good to go!
I'm embracing the turban trend with this turband (no it's not a typo), it's a turban + headband. It's a more  approachable way to try out the trend and it's super easy. I got the idea from Jen from clothesencounters  on youtube. All I needed was a rectangular scarf! It's a great alternative for those bad hair days.
These photos are actually from a Pasadena trip a while back, but stay posted for my NYFW and LFW 2012 review!

Don't forget to check out my line of handmade bracelets

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! This outfit is wonderful and that turband looks great on you. (:
    Also, I must say I love the way you write. You're clear, concise, and have perfect grammar. I'm a bit picky on that. c;
    Anyway, wonderful blog!

    http://lilyinlace.blogspot.com/
    AprilLily

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...