Jan 11, 2013

Les Misérables

Les-Miserables-girl-lscp
Les Miserables
LesMis_rables_2446250b
Aaron-Tveit-Les-Mis_WorkingTitleFilms.jpg.644x640_q100
les-mis-510
Two of my favorite shots from my current favorite movie – Les Misérables. What can I say about Les Misérables? The emotion, the passion, the screenplay... it's all brilliant. What impressed me the most was that the actors and actresses sang the songs live – as in no studio recordings of the song. The effect was an utterly raw display of emotion and talent.
My two favorite characters in Les Mis were Eponine (Samantha Barks) and Enjolras (Aaron Tveit). While not exactly the main characters, I was particularly touched by their performances. Hands down, my favorite songs were On My Own and I Dreamed a Dream. 
On top of all of that, the costumes and setting was superb. It had me longing for the attire of 19th century France. I've always kind of had a thing for guys in those gauzy linen shirts and vests of that century.
Oh and the barricade scene! Ah the adrenaline and passion... I could go on forever.
If you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to do so. It's a wondrous work of artistry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...